Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:4-5

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Duck! So God can Reach Your Man!

Last night I read a different (and convicting) twist on that dreaded word, SUBMISSION, in the book Capturing His Heart.
I have a strong personality. Head strong is probably an accurate description. I like to be in control. I am a mess when things get out of my control. It is simply how I am wired and it is an area I have really had to work on A LOT in our marriage. Submission is something I struggle with (as all women who are honest do). Being married to a sinner saved by grace is not an easy task! Just because you are saved does not make you perfect. Sometimes it is just hard to submit to a less than perfect person who just can't seem to do things how I expect/want them done! Major exaggeration going on....but still if we are honest, we have all had these thoughts! 
But what is the reality of submission? It is letting go of the reigns and handing them to God and our  husbands and saying....ok! I am not supposed to be in charge. 
What am I saying? Stop trying to fix all of your husbands problems. If he isn't as perfect as you would have him to be then duck out of the way so God can touch him and make him the man God desires him to be! 
What does this entail? Quit pointing out his failures and flaws spiritually and otherwise. Instead, duck out of the way...fall to your knees and pray! Pray for your husband! Pray that God would continue to mould and shape him into the man of your dreams or better yet a man after God's heart! Let God point out the areas he needs to work on!
This is a lesson learned for me. And one I need to work on daily! 
Submission does not mean letting your husband take advantage of you or treat you as some slave. Nope, submission is simply allowing your husband to be the leader and head of your home, and you stepping aside so God can direct his life! 
Let's determine to start today! Find moments to "duck out of the way" and pray for your husband so God can make him and your marriage great! 

No comments: