Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:4-5

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Journey Begins....

About a month ago, I attended a women's conference with my mother in law. The speaker was Elizabeth George who has written some of my favorite books - "A Woman After God's Own Heart", and "A Mom after God's Own Heart" to name just a couple.

I have never been very good at reading my Bible consistently, and she challenged us as "Women After God's Heart" to begin by simply going through and highlighting and making note of the passages dealing with women with a pink highlighter. I have been wanting to begin my journey for a little while now, but like I stated before, it is an area that I have always struggled in. I get too busy with other things, I can sometimes be lazy, or the day just gets away and then I am tired and once again, I have not been in my precious Bible like I needed to be.

So, I have decided to begin my journey and to also chronicle what I find each day as a way to keep myself accountable. Please, if I begin to skip some days contact me!! And feel free to ask me when I am going to write again. Let me know that you are behind me in my journey! Also, feel free to make comments below each entry, if you would like to add something, add it! If you have questions, ask them. If you just want to say something....say it! I am not an expert. Nor will I probably mention everything there is to mention. :)

The Christian life is not easy. It is not without its hard times. And just because I am a Christian does not mean I am perfect. I am still a lowly sinner saved by the Grace of God! I do not know what I will find on my journey, all I know is that it will be a journey worth taking because it will help me to grow more and more like a true woman after God's merciful and loving heart!


No comments: